A visitor is a temporary resident who has been authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a visitor. A visitor is normally authorized to stay for 6 months with a stamp in his/her passport. A visitor cannot work or study unless he/she has obtained a work permit or a study permit or is exempt from a work permit or a study permit. A visitor who stays in Canada shorter or longer than 6 months without working or studying may be given a Visitor Record at the point of entry.

A parent or grandparent who holds a “super visa” to enter Canada as a visitor may be allowed to stay as long as two years. There are special requirements when you are applying for a super visa in addition to norma visa requirements such as proof of medical examination, purchase of medical insurance coverage for at least one year and proof of financial capability of the hosting child or grandchild in Canada.

Avoid the refusal of your application due to filling of the forms without knowledge of the law. Once an application is refused, a permanent record is created. Seek professional help from an experienced, ICCRC certified consultant. Get help by contacting our service hotline at (647)797-2318 or email to to book a consultation today!