Federal Self-employed Persons Class

To become a permanent resident in the Self-employed Person Class, a foreign national must have relevant experience and has the intention and ability to be self-employed in Canada and to make a significant contribution to specified economic activities, which means cultural activities, athletics or the purchase and management of a farm.

Relevant experience means, in respect of cultural or athletic activities, at least two one-year periods of experience in self-employment or participation at a world-class level in such activities during the period beginning 5 years before the application and ending on the day of determination with respect to the application. In respect of farmers, it means at least two one-year periods of experience in managing a farm.

There is a point system for the Federal Self-employed Person Class and the applicant has to have at least 35 points on the five selection criteria. It is generally speaking not difficult to be awarded the required 35 points.

You and your family members must have a medical exam and get police certificates.

You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

Avoid the refusal of your application due to filling of the forms without knowledge of the law. Once an application is refused, a permanent record is created. Seek professional help from an experienced, ICCRC certified consultant. Get help by contacting our service hotline at (647)797-2318 or email to info@viausimmigration.com to book a consultation today!